Monday, February 25, 2008

Procrastination

A little over two weeks ago I posted about my closest friend and foe, the brick. This four inch high beast, I am ashamed to admit, has made no progress, in the weeks since I mentioned it. That same day, I got my Writer's Market book, and the next week was spent combing through that. Then the week after, I mostly wasted away, on the internet. Now here I am, with a much more pressing deadline. But then again, that is what National Novel Writing Month has always been about deadlines.

The looming deadline helped me get 50,000 words into my novel. Surely a looming deadline will help me get it edited. I need to do some math. *runs off to get calendar and calculator*

Wow. In order to get this done, I need to do a page in about five minutes and 27 seconds. Then do that for two hours every day. Minus a few days for when I'm out of town, and you have that breakneck speed. But then again 50,000 words in 30 days is a breakneck speed. Now I just need to find a timer, clear my desk, and get editing. Onward!

No comments: